The word ‘Goa’ ignites a sense of fun and frolic in our mind. Located on the west coast of India, Goa India has climbed to the status of one of the best tourist destinations in the world. Smallest state in India in terms of area and fourth smallest in India in terms of population, Goa is a dream destination for tourists. Hence, people, especially tourists are very curious about Goa. There are several reasons for Goa to get such a status. Presence of some exotic beaches along with a number of natural tourists spots have made it a sought after tourist destination. Moreover, the fun and frolic one get to enjoy in Goa is simply superb. Goa also has a number of beautiful churches and other places of worship.
Goa tourism has come a long way since it first attracted the tourism sector’s attention. Blessed with unending natural beauty along with a number of man made marvels, Goa has got everything to offer a great tourist experience. Since its inception as a renowned tourist destination, Goa tourism has been serving a huge number of domestic as well as international tourists.
Tours to Goa is often embedded with visit to some of the best beaches along with visit to churches and other religious places. Goa also has a number of beautiful waterfalls which also draw a large number of tourists. Another key aspect of Goa tours is the party life of Goa. Presence of a number of casinos, pubs and night clubs imparts a colorful nightlife to Goa. The happening nightlife of Goa is often the main attraction for tourists going for a trip to Goa. There are many Goa tour packages available in the market. You can select the one which suits your needs in the best possible way.
Goa is most famous for its exotic beaches. Goa beaches enjoy world fame as the tranquil beauty with clear waters is a treat to watch. The best part of a Goa beach is that it not only offers you a relaxing atmosphere but also a lot of fun experience with its water sports facilities. There are many beaches in Goa. Therefore, if you are visiting Goa beaches, it is always better to carry Goa map beaches to provide you a complete picture of the beaches of Goa. The map of Goa beaches is very much helpful for tourists who are visiting Goa for the first time. Some of the most prominent in the list are as follows:
- Anjuna Beach – Anjuna Beach is one of the best beaches in Goa and is known for its exotic beauty along with being a hub of full-moon beach parties. Lots of people visit the beach to pay a visit to the famous Albuquerque Mansion built in 1920. Other attractions include the Chapora Fort and the Mascarenhas Fort.
- Arambol beach – The particular Goa beach is situated a few kilometers away from the city of Mapusa. It offers a number of places of tourists’ interest. It is a great place for tourists, specially the nature lovers. The beach offers a vast coastal stretch with some exotic beauty. Other attracts of the Arambol beach are hot water springs, nearby fresh water pool and plenty of shops serving great sea food.
- Baga beach – A 30 kilometer stretch of coastline with an unmatched scenic beauty, the Baga beach is a great experience for tourists. Moreover, the water sports facilities along with lots of eateries and entertainment options make it a even more favorite beach among the tourists.
- Benalium beach – Benaulium beach in Goa is one of those beaches which offer undisturbed beauty of nature. A fishing village and a rice farming village till a few years back, the beach currently offers tranquil beauty. Located in close proximity to the Maragao, tourists get the advantage of having a shopping are nearby.
- Calangute beach – Calangute beach of Goa is also known as ‘Queen of Beaches’. The particular beach in Goa offers a distinct character golden sands, colorful crowds, canopy of palm trees make it a vibrant beach full of life. From fried prawns and beer to trinkets made of sea shells, the Calangute Goa also has enough room for a splendid dining experience.
- Dona Paula beach – Dona Paula’s scenic has earned it a status of being the location to a number of Bollywood movies. However, the attraction of the beach is not confined to the beauty alone as the beach also has attractions like water sports, National Oceanography Institute and the Cabo Raj Niwas. Presence of these places nearby to the beach makes it a popular beach in Goa.
- Colva Beach – Tourists who just wish to spend an isolated holiday experience in Goa will find this beach most suitable. Far away from the hustle and bustle of other beaches, this Goa beach offers a serene beauty. However, keeping in mind the increasing popularity of the Colva Beach, the time will come very soon when it will also be crowded like popular Goa beaches.
- Candolim Goa – Candolim beach is another isolated beach that offers you a quiet relaxing experience, very different from the crowded beaches of Goa. The particular beach in Goa offers yoga and meditation session which provides the much needed relief from the hustle and bustle of daily life. You can also enjoy the thrill of fishing in this beach.
- Panjim Beach - Panjim Beach is also a popular beach in Goa and that perfectly suits the need of the leisure travelers. Offering a beauty that can mesmerize tourists who have been to the best of tourist places in the world. The Panjim Goa is a great tourist attraction as it is also equipped with a number of eateries, where you can enjoy a number of delicious sea foods. Hence, before making your trip to Goa, make sure that Goa Panjim beach features in the list of tourist spots, you will be visiting.
- Vagator beach - Located in north of Goa, the Vagator beach is located 24 kilometers away from Panaji. Having soft white sands and lined up by coconut palms, the beach offers breathtaking natural beauty. The serene beauty of the beach has made it one of the most popular beaches in Goa.
Goa hotels and Resorts
The booming tourism sector of Goa has urged the hotel industry to come up with a number of world class facilities. Keeping up with the demand, the hotel industry of Goa reflects a bright picture with a number of world class hotels and resorts. Presence of these hotels and resorts actually help a lot in making your Goa trip an even more pleasant one. There a number of budget hotels in Goa as well. This actually helps in attracting tourists of all types and provides the middle class tourist the opportunity to enjoy Goa. These cheap hotels in Goa offer a number of Goa hotels packages that are crafted to suit the needs of the tourists in the best possible way. There are many Goa resorts and hotels which offer the best services to their guests. Some of the most renowned Goa hotels and resorts are as follows:
- Baywatch Resort Goa – Located on the Colva beach coastline, the Baywatch Resort is one of the best resorts in Goa. Equipped with a world class accommodation facility that blends luxury and comfort, the resort provides a great experience to the tourists. Each of the rooms is equipped with a number of modern facilities to make it a great accommodation experience for the guests. Moreover, the resort also offers a number of other facilities to give a complete shape to the services, offered by the hotel. The world class dining facilities, business facilities and recreational facilities add to the benefit of staying in Baywatch Goa.
- Bogmallo Beach Resort – Located 8 kilometers northeast of Vasco da Gama town and also near to the airport, the particular beach resort will redefine tour to Goa. Equipped with an accommodation facility that has deluxe rooms and as many as 15 sea facing cottages, it is pleasure for guests top stay in this resort. The hotel also offers a number of other facilities like weeding and banquet facilities, facilities for holding meetings and conferences along with lots of recreation options. The dining facilities of the Bogmallo beach resort are also superb with nautilus restaurant, the verandah coffee shop, the multi-cuisine restaurant and the Sunset and Gazebo bar.
- Cidade de Goa – Located on Vainguinim Beach, Cidade de Goa is also a renowned hotel in Goa. It is a one of the best resorts to nest for enjoying your honeymoon in Goa. Equipped with a world class accommodation facilities that has superior rooms, deluxe rooms and classic rooms, your stay in the Cidade de Goa will be a memorable experience. However, the resort is not only for honeymoon couples as if you are planning for spending your holidays in Goa, then also this particular resort is a great option. The resort also has bars, spa and some great dining facilities.
- Dona Sylvia Beach resort – Dona Sylvia Goa also occupies a prominent position in the category of hotels in Goa India. Located on the south coast of Goa, the Dona Sylvia Goa is a 5 star resort that has redefined the hotel industry of Goa. Equipped with 181 well-equipped rooms along with an array of other facilities, you will get a grand experience while staying the hotel. Some of the facilities offered by the hotel include spa and ayurveda, conference and banquet facilities and a superb dining facility.
- Fort Aguada Beach Resort – Fort Aguada Beach Resort is an integral part of Fort Goa honeymoon tour as the facilities offered by the particular resort perfectly suits the suits the needs of honeymoon couples. Hence, most of the Goa honeymoon packages feature For Aguada Beach Resort to provide a great experience to the honeymooners. However, if you are planning for a Goa holiday then also you can opt for this resort as it offers an array of facilities like sea facing rooms and luxury cottages along with sea facing suites. Moreover, the resort is also equipped with facilities for a number of sporting activities. Apart from these, the resort also has spa and recreation facilities. The resort also has a superb dining facility. However, in the midst of all these facilities, you will notice the unique architecture of the hotel as it is built on the parapet of Portuguese fortress of the 16th century.
- Ginger hotels Goa – Ginger hotels Goa offers a unique experience with its world class facilities. Equipped with as many as 137 superb rooms along with facilities like Gymnasium and a number of other modern facilities, the top quality service of the hotel will make you feel someone special. The hotel will constantly pamper its guests with a number of added facilities so that by staying at this hotel, you get an experience that is unmatched by any other hotels.
- Holiday inn Goa – Located on the Mobor Beach, Holiday inn Goa is also one of the most important Goa resorts that offer a service blended with a perfect combination of luxury and comfort. Boasting a traditional grandeur with a colonial touch, the resort offers a huge variety of accommodation facility in the form of Sunset suite, Plaza Garden view, kids-suite and deluxe rooms. The hotel also offers a number of other facilities like conference facilities, spa facilities, weeding facilities along with a superb dining facility. The dining facility of the hotel is equipped with café Mardi Gras, Whispers of the Orient, Sun Downer Bar and the Village which opens during suitable weather conditions.
- Hotel Radisson Goa – Radisson Hotel Goa is also a renowned Goa hotel located only 40 minutes way from Dabolim airport. Nestled in Margoa beach, the renowned hotel has a superb accommodation facility. Equipped with 110 beautifully decorated rooms, the hotel also provides variety in accommodation in the form of 4 luxurious suites. Food lovers will also cherish their experience of staying in the hotel as it has a dining facility that offers mouth watering dishes along with a café and a lobby bar. The Blue Lagoon Bar, which is a pool side bar opens at 10:00 am and remains open till late evening thus giving you enough opportunity to relax. Hence, Radisson Goa is also a great hotel to stay in Goa.
- ITC Goa - ITC Goa is also one of the most renowned hotels in Goa. The superior architecture, world class accommodation facilities make it a great experience for guests. The highly professional staff makes you feel like home. The hotel also offers a number of facilities that perfectly suit the need of both leisure travelers as well as business travelers. Offering facilities like travel desk, spa, business center and a number of other facilities the hotel is a viable option for different types of travelers. Moreover, the ITC Goa also offers a splendid dining facility with a number of restaurants and bars. These restaurants serve a number of mouth watering cuisines which will make your tour in Goa an even more enjoyable one.
- Kenilworth Goa - Kenilworth Goa occupies a distinct position in the hotel industry of Goa. Located in the midst of white sands of Utorda Beach, the Kenilworth Goa is a renowned beach resort and spa. The 5 star resort is a great experience for tourists as each of the facilities offered by the resort can match anywhere in the world. Equipped with 107 sea facing rooms and suites, the rooms are designed with a touch of Portuguese heritage. Moreover, the hotel also has a Hollistic spa to add to your pleasure. The dining facility of the hotel also has needs a mention as equipped with multi-cuisine beach front restaurants, lobby bar, pool bars and pool side café, the Kennilworth Beach Resort is also a great experience for food lovers.
- Leela Goa – Located in Goa, the Leela Goa is a great hotel offering a great scenic beauty. The 5 star hotel has as a many as 185 rooms with suites and villas. These rooms and suits are well equipped with most of the modern facilities to provide a comfortable stay to the tourists. The hotel Leela Goa also has a state of the art business center which can be used by big corporate companies as a venue for conferences. The spa facilities of the Leela Goa are also superb as they give you experience of optimum pleasure.
- Mariott Goa – Located in Miramar, Goa, Mariott Goa provides the advantage of uninterrupted sea view from each of its room. Located very close to the exotic beach, staying in the hotel is almost same as staying in the lap of the beach. The hotel is very well built with lots of indoor spaces and facilities like meeting rooms and business center. The accommodation facility of the hotel is also great as the rooms are equipped with a number of modern day facilities. Moreover, the presence of an on-site casino makes the hotel well-equipped with recreational facilities as well. Hence, if you are planning to go for holidays to Goa, you can consider Goa Mariott as it will surely be a splendid experience for you.
- Park Hyatt Goa - The Park Hyatt Goa is a located only 15 minutes drive away from the Dabolim airport. The renowned luxury boutique hotel will be one of your most pleasant experiences. The accommodation facility of the room will be a great experience for the tourists as each of its room are designed to provide you a taste of luxury and comfort. The 24 hour room service will make you feel someone really special. Apart from the rooms service, the meeting and conference facilities offered by the hotel also deserves a lot of praise as they are well equipped with a lot of modern facilities so that a meeting of the top corporate houses can be held here. The dining facilities of the hotel is also superb as the Park Hyatt Goa is equipped with a masala north Indian specialty kitchen, Da Luigi an Italian restaurant, a village café, a pool side bar and a lounge bar named Praia de Luz.
- Ramada Goa – Expect to get a taste of non parallel opulence in the Ramada Goa. The romantic ambiance of the Ramada Caravela Beach Resort will rejuvenate your soul. The huge accommodation facility with 202 plus rooms along with 6 beautifully decorated villas and 4 suites will be a great experience for tourists. The rooms are designed with high ceiling and are equipped with 24 hour in-room entertainment facilities along with a number of modern amenities. Apart from the high quality, accommodation facility, the hotel also offers well designed conference and weeding facilities. Presence of ayurveda and spa facilities provides the opportunity to tourists to make the most of their stay in Goa. The hotel also has lots of recreation facilities. Last but not the least, the dining facilities of the Ramada Goa also needs a special mention as the dining facilities will provide the opportunity to taste delicious Indian cuisine. You can also get Live grill at the Sossegado of the hotel.
- Taj Goa – Taj group has a huge presence in Goa hotel industry. The taj hotels in Goa offer a different sort of ambiance that is quite different from other hotels in Goa. The superior décor along with world class service sets it apart from other hotels and guests staying in these hotels experience a high quality comfort and luxury.
- Taj exotica, Taj hotels in Goa – Located in Goa, Taj exotica is one of the most renowned hotels in the hotel industry of Goa. Equipped with a large variety of accommodation facilities like sea view pool villas, luxury rooms, garden villas, deluxe sea view rooms, sunset villas and presidential villas the Taj exotica will surely be a unique experience for you. The Taj Exotica also offers an array of other facilities like spa, ayurveda, business and conference centers. The well trained staff of the hotel will provide a friendly service and will make you feel as comfortable as home. Hence, while selecting the right hotel in Goa, you can assess a Taj exotica Goa as a viable option.
- Taj Holiday Village, Taj hotels in Goa – Taj Holiday Village is also one f the renowned Taj hotels. Boasting a luxurious accommodation facility with picturesque cottages and beautiful surrounding, staying in Taj Holiday Village is a great experience. The accommodation facility comes with a variety of two to eight bedrooms. Moreover, there are a number of deluxe suites that are equipped with a number of modern amenities to make it even more comfortable. Along with the highly equipped accommodation facility, the hotel also has a lot of other facilities to make it suitable for travelers of all type.
- Vivanta by taj,Taj hotels in Goa – Hotel Vivanta of Taj Goa is also a great hotel to make the most of hotel facilities in Goa. Located within a short distance of the Mandovi River, the hotel offers a perfect blend of superior hospitality and extensive amenities. The hotel also boasts an advantageous location as it is only a short distance away from boutiques and shops. The array of other facilities offered in the hotel pampers the guests in such a way that whenever they come to Goa, they prefer staying in this particular hotel.
- The Grand Goa – Located in Calagnute, Bardez, Goa, Grand Goa is also a great hotel in the hotel industry of Goa. Equipped with as many as 150 rooms that also comprises of suites. Each of the rooms is well furnished and are equipped with a lot of modern amenities to provide a comfortable stay to the guests. Some of the facilities of the room include 32 inch LCD satellite linked television, minibar fridges etc. The dining facility of the hotel is also a great experience for the guests. The multi-cuisine restaurant with a capacity of 160 persons serves some delicious dishes. Add to this the sports bar and coffee shop, the Grand Goa truly deserves a top notch position in the hotel industry of Goa. The hotel also has conference and meeting facilities, spa facilities and other world class services to be viable for tourists of all kinds.
Things to do in Goa
Goa offers a perfect combination of exotic beaches, natural beauty, religious tourists’ spots, happening nightlife and facilities for different kinds of adventure sports. Hence, Goa is not all about spending a leisure holiday by relaxing in the beaches and enjoying serene beauty. Goa sightseeing helps you explore Goa far beyond the beaches. There are lots of others attractions in Goa.
Churches of Goa
Visiting the churches in Goa is also a great experience as visiting the churches built with a Portuguese architecture is an enriching experience. Moreover, the calm ambiance of the churches provides the much needed break to the tourists from the hustle and bustle of Goa tour. There are many churches in Goa and each of them draws a huge number of tourists from different parts of the world. Moreover, the churches in Goa are not only a favorite tourists spot for the Christian community. It is visited by a people from various religions that actually serve a bigger purpose. Some of the renowned churches of Goa that are one of the most favorite places to visit in Goa are as follows:
- The Rachol Seminary
- The Se Cathdral
- Church of Our Lady if Rosary
- Basillica of Bom Jesus
- Church of St. Francis of Assisi
- Royal Chapel of St. Anthony
- Church of Holy Spirit
- Chapel of St. Catherine
Adventure sports in Goa
The presence of a number of beaches in Goa also helps the purpose of adventure sports. And water sports. Among the many water sports in Goa, snorkeling in Goa is a great way of experiencing the thrill of adventure sports. The sport is mainly meant for exploring underwater life. However, before enjoying the thrill of snorkeling, you must be war a number of gears like gloves, masks, fins, wet suit and other accessories. It is a great fun to get close to the underwater life as you will discover some breathtaking beauty that lies beneath the blue waters of the Arabian Sea. There are many package tour Goa available in the market and most of these tour include enough time for adventure sport as a tour to Goa is almost incomplete without an experience of adventure sports.
Nightlife in Goa
There are many things to do in Goa but one thing that makes Goa so famous is its bustling nightlife. With a number of discos, bars, clubs and casinos, you can expect a gala time in Goa. The casinos of Goa are famous through out the world. Many tourists from different part of the world visit Goa only to enjoy its nightlife. Some of the most famous casinos of Go area as follow:
- Treasures Casino Majorda Beach Resort
- Renasisance Goa Resort and Casino
- Holiday Inn Goa Resort Haciencda De Oro Casino & Pub
- Kings Casino
- Casino Pride
- Casino Royale
Partying in Goa
There are many clubs in Goa as well that also plays an important role in making the colorful nightlife of Goa. For instance the Club Cabana Goa that offers a great private party experience. Equipped with swimming pools and indoor and outdoor areas, Club Cabana is famous for offering lavish theme for disco nights. Moreover, there is splendid bar in the club that offers a wide variety of drinks. Most of the parties held here are always teeming with life and activities and offers a great place to chill out. Hence, Partying in Goa gts redefined once you visit the Club Cabana Goa.
Shopping in Goa
Shopping experience in Goa is also great as there are number of shopping arenas which not only sells the leading brands of the world but also some exquisite products that are found in Goa. You may very often come across various products that have a Portuguese aura thus carrying forward the Portuguese legacy. Hence, shopping is also an integral part of Goa holiday and most of the Goa packages include a visit to these shopping areas where you can shop your heart out.
How to explore the best of Goa
Though Goa is a small state in comparison to various other states of India yet it boasts a huge number of tourist spots. Hence, it is often confusing for the tourists to visit the various places and make the most of their stay in Goa. A comprehensive Goa map can come of great use to you for this purpose. The Goa India map will help you identify your location in Goa and will leas towards your desired places in the best way. A Goa map with distance will also help you to chalk out your tour in a better way as you will be able to get an idea about the time needed to visit a particular tourist spot. These is a fact that has been realized by the tourists off late but nevertheless, tourists currently carry Goa maps even if they are under a particular Goa Package. This helps them to know more about instead of following the package blindly.
Moreover, there are many tourists who visit Goa without the help of any travel agent or does not prefer a package tour Goa. For these types of tourists, a map of Goa state is of great help as by taking the help of this map, he/she can make his own Goa trip. Moreover, Goa being a renowned tourist destination has a number of Goa tourist map which act as an efficient Goa tour guide. The benefits of these maps lie in the fact that you might never realize that you are in a place which has as a high density of tourist spots. However, if you are carrying a Goa road map, he/she may well get the knowledge of nearby tourist spots.
Location of Goa
Goa boasts a strategic location in the western part of India. Bounded by Mahrashtra on the north, Arabian Sea on the west and Karnataka on the east and west, Goa boasts a great location. The perfect location of Goa acts even more in favor of its tourism value as it is very easily reachable from various major cities of India. Here are the details:
- Chennai to Goa distance – 736.16 kilometers
- Bangalore to Goa distance – 578 kilometers
- Distance between Mumbai and Goa– 593 kilometers
- Distance between Delhi and Goa – 1910 kilometers.
How to reach Goa
Goa is well connected to other parts from India through a number of airlines, railways and road network. Hence, it is never much of a problem to reach Goa from various parts of India.
By air: Dabolim Airport is the most prominent Goa airport that is well connected to different parts of India by a number of major airlines. The large number of flights to Goa from different major cities of India makes it well connected to other parts of India. For instance, major domestic airlines like Jet airways. Jetlite, Kingfisher, Indian airlines, Spice jet operated regular flights to and from Goa. Though there are number of International airlines that also ply on Goa route but you may also take the help of Delhi to Goa flights or Bangalore to Goa flights or Mumbai to Goa flights as these airports are very well connected to not only different parts of India but also to foreign countries. Hence after reaching any other major cities, all you need to do is to board a flight to Goa and reach your dream destination. However, before planning your tour, try to get a comprehensive idea about the flights Goa so that you can reach Goa within minimum time.
By rail: Railway also plays an important role in connecting Goa to other parts of India. The nearest railway station to Goa is the Madgaon Railway Station and all of them. Located just 2 kilometers from the city center, the station is used by a huge number of passengers in order to access Goa. Equipped with a number of facilities like tourist information center, refreshment room, mobile trolley, telephone booth, parking stand and a cyber café, it provides the right sort of welcome to tourists. Though Madagaon Railway Station is the most important railway station but there are other railway stations in Goa as well. Some of the other Goa railway station name are as follows:
- Gohad Road
- Vasco da Gama
By water: You can access Goa by water as there are a numbers of Bombay to Goa cruise available which will give you a different sort of experience altogether.
Weather in Goa is predominantly temperate except the rainy season. Goa thrives even more as a tourist destination as it predominantly has a pleasant and sunny climate. Goa experiences an average rainfall of 25°C - 30°C and an average rainfall of 325 centimeters. Winters are chilling as the temperature during this time can come down to 3° C and the maximum temperature recorded during this time is 11° C.
Goa images are often luring for tourist in different parts of the world as it not only projects a tranquil beauty of nature but also offers a number of places which supports adventure activities. Goa photos or Goa pictures also remind us of the happening nightlife that can compete with any part of the world. Presence of casinos, restaurants, pubs and bars add to the thrill of nightlife in Goa. Hence, a Goa photo gallery is embedded with all the aspects that make a place one of the best tourist destinations in the world.
Other relevant facts:
STD code of Goa
Some of the important cities of Goa and their STD codes:
Ponda – 8343
Panji – 832
Canacona – 8346
Maragaon – 8342
Pin codes of some of the most important cities of Goa are as follows:
Panaji – 403001
Margaon – 403601
Canacona – 403702
Ponda - 403401